Leading-edge Senior Marketing Executive with over 20 years’ experience working for some of the world’s most renowned communications agencies.
Most recently Managing Director of Ogilvy in Brisbane, Russ has a reputation for being ‘infectiously obsessed’ with what it takes to reach and influence consumers across today’s fast-moving, post digital communications landscape.
Having worked at Ogilvy, BBH and JWT in the UK before moving to Brisbane in 2007 to join independent agency ‘Junior’, Russ steered the agency to a raft of high profile new business wins before bringing in digital agency Cru in 2013 to create ‘JuniorCru’, the agency that has since become Ogilvy Brisbane.
Highlights of Russ’s career since moving to Australia have included:
- Integration of creative services unit with standalone digital offering to form an agile and holistic communications team of 50+ staff.
- Development and implementation of Queensland Government’s most successful ever digital engagement initiatives.
- Strategy and Brand Management services leading to double digit growth in awareness, enquiry rates and sales for a wide variety of well-known, large scale corporations and institutions
- Successful implementation of stakeholder engagement strategies for both public and private sector clients across average $50m+ of marketing investment per annum.
- Development of unique ‘CX’ based integrated communications planning model.
Along the way, Russ has accumulated a wealth of experience and a unique presenting style that sees him regularly invited to speak at a wide variety of events and conferences.
June 8, 2017
MD - Ogilvy Brisbane
11:15 am - 11:45 am